This is a very basic overview of the buttons and data displayed on most Metric and Report Viewers.
- Breadcrumbs track the way you have navigated to arrive at chart; and provides links back to previous page(s)
- Alternative View Buttons allow you to change the format of data display or to link to elements with data related to this chart
- Buttons that allow you to add Context, Share,or Download the Chart data; you can also mark this element for inclusion in your Favorites folder
- Legend for the lines on the Chart
- Annotations or Events related to data points or data ranges; explanation of these is included in section below the Chart
- Data Point – information on a specific time period
1.1. Following Breadcrumbs
Metric Insights tracks the way you navigate through the system to get to a chart. At the top of each chart’s page, there are Breadcrumbs that show the path you have taken to reach the current page. The left-most link takes you directly back to the Home Page. The final entry on the “trail” is the current page. If you want to navigate back to a previous page, you can accomplish this task with one click on the page’s blue link in the breadcrumb.
1.2. Alternative View Buttons
A button’s down-arrow opens drop-down lists that contain links to available Viewers containing:
- Data over a different time span; i.e.:4 weeks, 12 weeks, 3 months, 1 year, 5 years. You may also create Custom Date Ranges to display only those periods which are of interest to you.
- Elements with the same Measure Of and with a different Measurement Interval; e.g., Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly (NOTE: If you do not want certain elements to be connected via this Measurement Interval’s drop-down, simply change (or ask your Admin to change) the Measure of setting on one of the metrics so that they do not share the same Measure.
- If this Element is dimensioned, Dimension Values that have data; each of which are displayed as a separate chart
- The See Related button is populated with elements that share the same ‘Primary Topic’ as well as ‘Dimensioned By’ value, if any, as the element being viewed. For more detail, see this FAQ
- Alternative Views that been created and to which the user has been granted the Privilege to access, including: Statistical View, Projection View, StopLight View, or Target View
If a button does not have a down-arrow, there are no available data/links.
1.3. More Buttons
- Add Context allows you to display or hide Annotations and Events on the Chart if any are associated with it
- The Share button will provide a pop-up allowing you to e-mail a link to this element along with and comments to other users
- Favorites Star – to add or remove element from a Favorites folder
- Green Arrow allows you to download Chart and associated data to your desktop in one of three formats: Excel, CSV, or PDF
1.4. Legend for Chart lines or bars
1.5. Annotations and Events
Annotations and Events can be displayed on the Chart via the Context Editor settings. This drop-down allows you to display or hide the contextual information on your chart based on checking the corresponding item in drop-down
1.6. Full explanations of context applied to the element are displayed at the bottom of the Viewer
Regardless of the Context Settings, all Annotations, Notes, Events. Alerts, and Comments that exist in the time period displayed for the Element will appear below the Chart itself
2. Abbreviated Element details
At the very bottom on the Viewer Page are details about the element:
- Description of element
- Details including Owners, Current Values, Max and Min values, etc
3. Hover-over a data point for details
Using your mouse, you can quickly display the values for each data point; Clicking on the data point provides more details and allows you to perform the drill-down functions (see Below)
4. Click to display the associated Drill to Detail reports
When you click on a data point, the pop-up contains:
- Details of the comparison values and percentages
- Drill-paths (hot links) to any reports that have been defined for the metric. Each of these links, when clicked, opens a report that you can use to analyze further data related to this data point.
- If this data if not valid for some reason, you may also delete the data and re-calculate the chart omitting invalid data